The project has received a large amount of initial interest and as of June 2018, we now hold a full caseload.
We are therefore unable to start work with new referrals into the project.
We are though, operating a small waiting list in the meantime, and can therefore accept initial expressions of interest which will be help on file until a space opens up for them to be assessed for acceptance into the project.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch for a discussion about the topic of hoarding behaviours & or any further questions about the project.
Sheffield Mind magpies is a new servuce which are running in partnership with South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue
The service has been designed to support people who experience difficulty with hoarding behaviours which has lead to a significantly increased safety risk & fire hazards in the home as a result
The project will;
- work with a small cohort of people
- provide 1:1 support in the home to help address these behaviours
- provide support to reduce levels of clutter and maintain positive changes
- support in reducing fire risk & fire hazards
- offer support group sessions to share experiences, gain education & awareness on hoarding & receive peer support
Please note we are resourced to hold a small caseload at any one time & will operate a limited waiting list to help manage anticipated referrals:
For more information and to make a referral, contact Jon or Natalie on 0114 258 4489 ex: 164
E mail: Magpie@sheffieldmind.co.uk